Friday 7 August 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - I AmsterSam

Mobile phone cam shot of the Rijksmuseum and the world famous letters 'I amsterdam' in front of it, reflected in the little pond outside the museum. I've added a bit of contrast and saturation, but no other editing, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

I really like those letters and one of the reasons is the major international scandal that one of my photos caused in April this year when the good folks of the 'I amsterdam' campaign (the good folks who put those letters there) used it to promote the best city in the world, what a laugh that was :)))

As you can see the Rijksmuseum is still being renovated, for what seems years and years already, but you get used to having large areas of Amsterdam revamped and rebuild constantly, the city center is a giant construction site since the late 90s and it doesn't look like this is about to change anytime soon...at least we can see our tax money at work :))

Have a freaky Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment