Saturday 5 September 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Rubber Boy

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of a biker reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :))

I love this picture, it's a got all the required elements for an extra wicked reflection, there are leafs, there's lots of water, an 'Amsterdammertje' and some dude on a bike, all combining into one mind-blowing image that seems utterly photoshopped but is all natural, just an obviously obsessed mobile phone and a wet patch somewhere in the best city in the world, making your brain go 'WTF?!'...hehe :))

Luckily it's weekend now, I've slept 10 hours after a wonderful evening with some lovely friends during which I've played 'Grand Theft Auto IV' on a Playstation 3 (my spellchecker suggested that I replace 'Playstation' with 'Molestation'...wicked ;) for the first time ever (I'm not much of a gamer, obviously :) in a drunken, smoky haze of an evening, laughing my head off every time the cool cat Mr.K shot or beat up somebody...I know I shouldn't tell you that, being amused by senseless violence surely won't help my 'Safety' situation here on Flickr, but yeah, it was freakin' hilarious, you should try it the next time you're drunk, it's good for you, haha :D

On the way home (yes, on my bike, of course :) I had the great luck to find a dry'ish window between the horrible rainstorms that occupied the sky above good old Amsterdam most of last night and today, pouring out incredible amounts of water on the city, causing all bikes to suffer an instantaneous rash of rust on their surfaces...it was wild, I can tell you :))

P.s. No Heineken, no Hangover, yay!

Have a great weekend, enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment