Monday 9 November 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Mocking The S@mster

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of a tourist lady laughing at/about me, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Yesterday was my last day as the 'Artist in Residency' at the ABC Treehouse exhibition (going until the 29th of this month) and on my way to the gallery I biked by this puddle, hopped off Bikey, took a shot, and realized afterwards that I've caught this lady with her 'real' cam laughing at/about me...she probably felt really sorry to see me aiming my mobile phone at a wet spot, trying to take a picture...little did she know that she'd end up on the Interwebs, caught out mocking this wicked Reflectah, hahaha ;-D

She probably took a shot of me taking a shot of her, but we'll never know for sure, unless she's on Flickr too and posts her version of the whole situation :)

Have a good start into the new week, I am off today, recovering from a heavy weekend that included a serious drinking binge on Friday, a busybusybusy but funfunfun Saturday at the Museumnacht with free drinks and lots of hard work (I was an honorary guest and a Host for visitors at the same time, a wicked combination!) and a Sunday at the Treehouse showing off my printed and framed wicked reflections to confused yet sympathizing folks that managed to find the gallery at its hidden, secret location in the Voetboogstraat.

Oh yeah, during the Museumnacht, while outside for a smoke, I bumped into Ahmed Marcouch, a local politician, and his team of Flyer-boys and shot him as well for the local news site 'AT5', the picture is here...please be aware that the mistakes in the describing text are from AT5, not me, hopefully they have corrected them by the time you'll read this :)



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment