Monday 16 November 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - The Stargazer

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of buildings and a dude, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing except for a tiny bit of added contrast, no other tricks, no Photoshop :)

"Sittin in my car, watch the stars and smoke
I came a long way but still I got so far to go"
Tupac Amaru Shakur, 'Krazy'

I've spend some time last night and in the early morning gazing at the stars, waiting for the Leonids Meteor shower that is passing Earth today and tomorrow, but I didn't see anything besides the 'regular' stars above the best city in the world. I kept hearing those 2Pac lyrics in my head while sipping coffee, smoking and hanging out on my balcony, feeling a bit excited (because I might see the Meteor shower), a bit sad (because I didn't see it) and in general rather happy (because it's almost weekend now) ;-)))

The dude in this shot also looks a bit excited, a bit sad and he seems to be looking at the 'stars' too (OK, they're just leaves in the puddle, but look a bit 'star'ish' :), reminding me that we can't just always be happy and smiling, as much as we want to. Yesterday was one of those days for me, I was so stressed&tired that I had serious problems biking home through the chilling wind blowing into my face...it felt more like a Wednesday than a Monday :)

Luckily it's already Tuesday now and the smile is slowly re-appearing on my face, I've promised myself not to get overwhelmed by stoopid things happening to me, I'd much rather think about the krazy, puddle-loving Billionaire that I'm prone to bump into any day now, who'll buy me out of my Day-job and who'll make me take wicked reflections with my mobile phone all the time to pleasure him, myself and you, the viewer on the Interwebs, a destiny that I'll gladly except&embrace and that I am already seriously&impatiently looking forward to, yay ;-D

Almost weekend!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment