Sunday 9 May 2010

Driving Me Crazy

Slightly edited shot of myself reflected on the side of a car passing me by in the street in Amsterdam. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing besides some added contrast&saturation :)

I don't know why I am so fascinated by self-reflections, I don't even like to show my face online, but still I can't stop myself from snapping&posting some shots whenever I see a shiny or wet surface...I think I am living the dream of combining utter shyness and paranoia with an unbearable urge to share every (reflected) aspect of my daily life in the best city in the world with the world+dog...maybe I did hit my head when I had that horrible bike accident 2 months ago, and now I am suffering from this serious, untreatable condition that forces me to upload more and more wicked self shots to the Interwebs in a nightmarish Flickr-frency...oh well, could be worse, at least I am not naked, hahaha ;-D

I've always been wondering where the term 'Driving me crazy' comes from...is it because the crazy people were driven to the Insane Asylum in horse carriages back in ye olde days? And does that mean that in modern times they get Prozac, so that they can happily stay at home, and there's no need to 'drive them crazy' anymore? I can't be bothered to google it...the same goes by the way for the term 'SLR', I have a good idea what it means, but I can't seem to find the time to look it up, it's something camera'ish, I know that much :)

Have a relaxed Sunday!

More AmsterSam Self shots

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment