Saturday 5 June 2010

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Men Are From Mars...

Unedited shot of a family of bikers, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Do you know the book 'Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus'?! I've never read it, but I don't need to, as the title nicely sums up the complicated relationship between men and women...the same goes for this picture, you can see a family on 2 bikes, mum and daughter on one, staring into the puddle, fighting the curious urge to jump off their bike to ask me what I'm doing, dad and son on the other, only having eyes for the traffic and similar solution-oriented situations, completely oblivious to the Madman sitting next to a wet spot, shooting them...

This is one of the fundamental separation lines between us ignorant, getting-things-done guys, and you attentive, appreciating-the-beautiful-life girls, you look around and see what's going on, we focus and miss the little things that can make such a big difference...hard to believe sometimes that we've evolved out of the same group of monkeys, haha ;-P

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the sunshine!


Naturally I've made a wicked movie of this puddle too, watch it on my YouTube page!

Movie


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

1 comment:

  1. You said it very nicely and illustratively. I read several of Dr. John Gray's books. He just came out with a new one. I even listened to a talk of his given in my favorite coffee shop in Millvalley, California. These parents here in my community would be considered unfit because of exposing their kids to the extreme dangers of riding in our kind of traffic!

    ReplyDelete