Wednesday 11 August 2010

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Vague

Unedited shot of people at the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I like the words 'Vague' and 'Mauve' even though I don't necessarily agree with what they represent...language is a funny thing, it can be useful, uplifting and inspiring, but it can also be threatening, intimidating and discouraging, makes you wonder who invented this stuff. The negativity is so ingrained and interwoven with everything else that I sometimes, just for fun, try to avoid using any negative words or expressions for some time, so instead of saying "This color sucks", I'd say "I prefer that color", instead of saying 'Yes, those pants make your ass look fat', I'd say "Those pants nicely accentuate your slim legs/feet/hipbones/whatever"...see what's happening there?!

A smack in the face gets transformed into a soft smooch on the cheek, the message is the same but the way it's communicated is very different. It's also an easy way to keep yourself in a positive, constructive mood, it's much more fun than to go the easy way and bitch and complain while there is no real reason for it, like many people do, forgetting all the good things, focusing on tiny fractions of details instead and getting all frustrated about them. The simple fact that you are reading this in a sheltered location with electricity, an Internet connection and possibly hot coffee should make you realize how good your life is :)

Yes, I've made a movie of this puddle, watch it on my YouTube channel!

Movie


More Amsterdam pictures

More wicked reflections

Visit www.amstersam.com, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment