Saturday 18 September 2010

Reflections of Amsterdam - ...Touch...

Unedited shot of buildings and people reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Since I have started shooting reflection photos, I've noticed other Flickr members copying my style, trying to take proper puddle pictures in the same wicked ways that I've invented and developed throughout the years, feeding off my creativity instead of coming up with their own shizzle and usually I don't mind, being imitated is the highest form of flattery they say, I often gets props and credits from the other Reflectahs and many of them even put a link to my stream or my website in the description of their photos, an honor and delight I very much appreciate, and that puts unhealthy visions into my feeble mind of whole armies of wicked Reflectionists marching behind me on my road towards total World Domination...but sometimes, just for a split-second, a thought flashes through my egg-shaped head, another vision, of me dunking the heads of the style-biters, the idea-thieves, the brain-pickers, the unwicked ones, into the deepest puddle I can find, screaming at them in a high-pitched, hysterical (and yes, somewhat girlish) voice "Come up with your own sh*t, stop copying what I do and if you must, at least add something new, give something back, invent an interesting angle, do something that makes me admire you!" but I guess they wouldn't be able to hear that anyway, what with their ears being full of dirty puddle water and all, hahaha ;-D

Anyway, if you bite my style, I'll just outwicked you and take even better pictures and movies, that'll teach you (hopefully ;)!

Have a wonderful weekend, take it easy :))

I've made a wicked movie of this puddle too, watch it on my YouTube page!

Movie

More wicked reflections

More Amsterdam photos

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment