Saturday 4 September 2010

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Wicked...

Unedited shot of buildings, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Since last Thursday the boiler of the heating installation of the building where I live makes horrible noises during the nights, it sounds like a tiny man with a giant hammer is trapped inside the pipes and is trying to break free by hitting on the metal for hours at a time. It started at 2 in the morning Thursday night, then at 3 on Friday and last night it started around 5'ish, giving me hope that by next week the noise will begin after I have left the house for work already. This is my only chance of getting some proper sleep, the crappy company that installed the heating system keeps coming back, pretending to fix it and making it worse each time. Effectively this means that I have paid for having my life messed up, a service that is gladly supplied by Dutch handy-men and construction workers...everybody is good at something they say and in this case I can only confirm that they did a perfect job, hahaha :-D

If this continues, I will lose my mind and probably end up living in the (unheated but silent) gutter, sitting somewhere alone with my bottle of cheap wine, mumbling to myself 'It was supposed to keep us warm, not ruin our lives' while people walking by try to hit me in the forehead with little coins...what a wicked world!


I've made a wicked reflection movie of this puddle too, check it out on my YouTube page!

Movie

More Amsterdam photos

More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment