Wednesday 5 January 2011

The...


The..., originally uploaded by AmsterS@m - The Wicked Reflectah.

Unedited shot of people at the Dam square in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

When the city is full of people, I sometimes get very self-conscious while shooting my puddle pictures, it takes a lot of nerve to hunch next to a wet spot and start waving your camera at it, while hundreds of curious eyes rest on you and you can hear people asking each other 'What is he doing?!'...I guess it's a good thing that I'm looking down and don't really realize just how much of a commotion I'm causing or I'd probably get shy and had to stop my wicked activities, lol ;-P

The nice thing about shooting movies as well is that you can actually see the confused, stunned faces and hear the comments from those passing me by, wondering if they should call an ambulance, the cops or somebody with a straight-jacket, hehe :)


I've also shot a movie of this puddle, check it out on my YouTube channel, thank you :)

Movie


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment