Wednesday 6 July 2011

...Amsterdam...

Unedited shot of the Amstel tower in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I totally love the Amstel tower, it's the tallest building in the best city in the world, and nobody is allowed to build anything that's taller than it. At night it's often illuminated and makes Amsterdam almost look like a big city, but just almost. Every time I pass by, I'm looking for puddles around, so that I can take a proper reflection picture, but I never manage, there are either no puddles, or there's too much wind, just like in this shot, distorting the greatness of the tower and frustrating me deeply...and that's why I've posted these pictures today, to get it over with, even though they don't meet my usual quality requirements for smooth water surfaces and clearness of the reflection, I just finally wanted to have this awesome building in my puddle portfolio, sorry ;-P



Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment