Tuesday 13 December 2011

...The World...

Unedited shot of the 'De Waag' Restaurant in Amsterdam reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)


I like the 'De Waag' building, it's in one of my favorite areas of Amsterdam, just around the corner from Chinatown, and on New Year's Eve, there's always a big crowd with fireworks, check it out when you're in the city for the start of 2012, it's fun. Another thing this building does, is to remind me that sometimes I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the whole world on my shoulders (probably because it used to be a weigh house, lol :), a feeling that I don't necessarily appreciate, but after having had a whole month of excellent moods and mostly good things happening to me, I do understand that what goes up, must come down, and I am now in a more 'realistic' mindset, that forces me to look at life from a different angle than I did in those beautiful, easy-going weeks that precluded this period of deep thoughts and reclusive rest. I am so looking forward to the next phase of mindless joy, skull-cracking grins and hands-free bike rides through the best city in the world though, I like myself much better when I'm happy for no reason than when I'm sad'ish for no reason :)



Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment